About our Grass-Fed Beef
Grass-fed beef is distinctively richer in flavor than corn-fed beef. This richness has made South American grass-fed beef a prized treat for meat lovers and foodies around the world. Our cattle roam freely their entire lives and eat only what nature intended: grass, clovers, and wild flowers. Our beef has no antibiotics or hormones added, and is 100% grass-fed. This completely natural diet ensures delivery of a premium nutritional beef, lower in fat, calories and cholesterol, and higher in Omega 3’s and antioxidants. Due to the natural “wet aging” process that occurs inside the vacuum seal, you may notice a stronger beef odor when you break the vacuum sealed bag. This is due to the concentration of juices inside the bag and is perfectly normal.
Beef Handling Instructions
1. Open the vacuum sealed bag and take the beef out. Make sure to remove the absorbent pad.
2. Pat dry with a paper towel and allow the beef to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking. This will bring back its natural red-pink color and prevent the meat from becoming tough when touching the hot grill/pan.
3. If the meat was frozen, never use the microwave to thaw it. Instead, transfer the meat into the refrigerator and allow 24-36 hours for proper thawing. Then follow steps 1-2. After defrosting, consume within a week.
Gaucho Cooking Tips
- Grass-fed beef is high in protein and low in fat. Therefore the beef will require 30% less cooking time than the regular grain-fed beef.
- Remember that beef will continue to cook when removed from heat. Do not overcook it!
- Always let the beef sit covered in a warm place for 3 minutes after removing from heat to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Never use a fork to turn over your beef- you will lose nutritious juices. Always use tongs!
- Reduce cooking temperatures for corn-fed recipes by 50 degrees. The cooking time should remain the same or slightly shorter, even at the lower temperatures.
- The ideal cooking points for grass-fed beef are medium to medium rare. If you like your beef well done, cook it at a lower temperature or in a sauce pan to add moisture.
NOTE: Gaucho Ranch Beef is vacuum-sealed fresh. Our shipping system is designed to keep your beef cool to the touch for up to 72 hours. Depending on when you receive your shipment, the gel packs inside the insulated box may be defrosted. Do not be alarmed. As long as the meat is cool to the touch, the product is fine.